The Sea Kayak Hong Kong – Sea Kayak Club is a very active group of with over 450 kayakers from more than 15 different nations. The club focuses on providing its members with trips for all levels of expertise and training to ensure they all have the skills to paddle safely in Hong Kong waters and conditions.
Our mission is to promote companionship, safety, the exchange of information and skills, to encourage concern and respect for the marine environment and above all to enjoy sea kayaking.
What happens and when?
The club runs events every weekend throughout the year, somewhere in Hong Kong.
We plan to use a calendaring system planning our club trips once per week at least 2 weeks in advance. You will be able to book onto any training courses for a 50% discount on our normal advertised prices with a priority space provision.
Why should I become a club member?
As a club member you gain access to the following:
• Some very experienced paddlers who are keen to ensure that you enjoy your paddling and remain safe.
• 50% discount on all training courses based on the British Canoe Union (BCU) or Australian Canoe (Federation) standard.
• 50% discount on all day trips
• access to organised club trips & events, both weekly and ad-hoc.
• Club shop to purchase kayaks, clothing and accessories at discounted prices.
• Ability to bring guests to some sea kayak trips (depending on degree of difficulty and level of experience of the guest)
The club exists to cultivate and encourage all forms of paddle powered craft, but most members have closed cockpit kayaks. These split into sea kayaks and play/surf kayaks.
How much does it cost?
If you wish to join, complete the application form.
Family memberships available on request.