Yung Shue O Village
New Territories, Hong Kong SAR
Phone / whatsapp:
Date: Sunday, October 25, 2020. Hosted By: John & Edith. Meeting Place: 09:30 AM, Sai Kung Carpark.
This will be an all-day paddle from Sai Kung town, past Sharp Island and around Kau Sai Chau. This will be a fairly long paddle in potentially challenging conditions – so good for intermediate and more experienced paddlers.
The route takes us passed Whiskey Beach, a favourite place to swim and snorkel.
We will also paddle between the two islands ( Jin & Kau Sai Chau) through the Kau Sai channel into the open waters of Rocky Harbour. Here we will probably stop on Drone Island to rest and snorkel the coral reefs.
Our return journey keeps Grave Island on our right as we re=enter the Sam Nga Hau with Sai Kung in our sights.
All the normal club rules apply:
1. The trip is free – but if you don’t own your own kayak it will cost HK$300 to hire equipment to be paddling in.
2. We have a 48-hour rule whereby if you do not give us 48 hours notice of your cancellation you will be removed from the group.
3. We need forward payment to secure the equipment hire.
4. Bring everything you need for the day – INCLUDING LUNCH.
5. Make sure you have dressed appropriately and have a change of clothes, a hat, sunscreen, wet shoes and drinking water. NO SINGLE USE WATER BOTTLES, please!
UNESCO Global Geopark, Sai Kung.